Wisdom tooth infection
The last wisdom tooth in lower jaw has partially errupted and through the other side food particles entered and created the infection. From where little puss is coming out with intense pain. Doctor is suggesting to uproot the tooth from the jawbone by  invasive procedure. I am hell lot scared. And also he has prescribed magniclov lb 625 to take thrice in a day for 5 days. Isn't that too much antibiotic to take daily! Can you please suggest Or assure? Please. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Dear practo user, You need to take oral Medicine specialist consultation for this problem. A detailed history and investigation for proper Diagnosis and management. You can teleconsult here as well on my page. Myself MDS Oral Medicine specialist from most eminent government dental hospital Maulana Azad Institute delhi MAMC/ MAIDS. I will take a detailed history, investigate, Diagnose and manage accordingly. Thanks

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Hello , hope the infection has subsided and you are feeling better . Considering the history and the clinical findings , would advise you to not panic. The antibiotic dosage is to curb the further spread of infection. Hope you have completed the course for five days. Kindly get a consultation with an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon regarding the surgery. Would advise an OPG to be done before the consult with the Surgeon for better communication and explanation.
Avoid food lodgement in the area of pus discharge.
Go for opg xray. Go for extraction of wisdom teeth
Ur problem can be clinically diagnosed as an impacted wisdom tooth... The only advised and sure shot permanent treatment is disimpaction.. ( uprooting of the teeth). Leave everything on ur surgeon (make sure to find an efficient one) open ur mouth and allow the surgeon to do the surgery... Trust me it id not as invasive as we show... Regarding medicine.... They are just pills to be taken for betterment... It's like.... We have a problem... We need to get it cured.... So my dear friend... Go for disimpaction...
Hi, your wisdom tooth is impacted and also there’s pericoronitis with that tooth. You have been given medicines by your doctor. If you don’t extract it now, later on anyway it’s going to give you pain then again you have to take antibiotics and the cycle will repeat if not extracted.
Salt and warm water gargles 2/3 times a day continue this for few days till your medicines last. It’s not that difficult thing as you feel. So many people get their impacted wisdom tooth out. There will be a swelling for a 2/3 days.. you will have to apply ice packs to it. No balm or Vicks application. And take the medicines your doctor prescribes after surgery. It’s not a big thing. Don’t worry.