Wisdom tooth(causinghurt)

I have an outgrowing wisdom tooth, all at opposite angles(towards cheek) . I dont want to get the teeth removed. I dont prefer that method. What is the way to alleviate pain? It is already made a little part of my cheek raw since its jutting out really closely to the right cheek? Do I just live with this till it grows fully? What is the best way until then? (Please dont let it involve removing teeth)
views-icons 60 Views 3 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (5) on Wisdom tooth(causinghurt)

Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User, Let me explain you with a simple example ( apologies from fellow doctors for using such examples). What do we do when we suffer from appendicitis (appendix in layman language)? We can it surgically removed. Same with irritating wisdom tooth, that too which is not properly oriented. Keeping a thing in mouth which continuously irritates your cheek is very dangerous. My suggestion would be to get it extracted. P.S.- I have got all my wisdom teeth removed a year back and i was also 24 at that time. For further query feel free to contact Arham Dental Care, Tri Nagar
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Please understand that removal of improperly oriented or partially erupted wisdom teeth is a non negotiable option.....it is not something for you to decide that you don't like that treatment modality...... your choice can only be to get it done and get permanent relief from this problem, or avoid it and keep bearing the discomfort (with a strong potential risk of aggravated infection in this area)..... wisdom teeth erupt from age of 17 to 21 years..... so one thing can be said with surety that for your age they are not going to erupt further..... they are going to stay in that same position and keep causing that injury which they are already causing...... without any intention of scaring you, I would also like to inform (as an oral pathologist) that long-term chronic injury to the cheek can also be a reason for cancer development...... please try to overcome your apprehensions and get this treatment done for the best possible outcome of your oral health.....
Regards.....
Hi..removal is the only way. Our jaws are no more wide compared to our great grand fathers. All blem goes to genes and softer food habits. Wisdom tooth is last tooth to come in mouth and it suffers lack of available space leading to gum infection. Regards
Dr.Kunjal Doshi Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Dear patient,
Sometimes the wisdom tooth doesn't grow fully due to lack of space in the jaw.. Moreover sometimes they are positioned such that they just cant grow correctly as they have you.. Im sorry to disappoint you but you ll eventually need removal..
Ask your dentist to trim sharp edges of the wisdom teeth.However, extraction is advised.
Dr.Sanjay Kumar