White tissue around wisdom tooth
I experienced some pain a few weeks ago when I was told that my wisdom tooth was erupting. I was prescribed some painkillers and antibiotics which helped to ease the pain. Today, I noticed some white tissue and swelling around the place where the wisdom tooth is erupting, but not so much pain. I'm also experiencing a bitter taste at the back of my throat. Do I need to have an extraction? 27(M) I'm a smoker.

Hello! Yes extraction is indicated! Bitter taste could be because of infection in that area.
Kindly visit nearby dental surgeon for physical examination evaluation and treatment plan
Advised warm salt water gargle

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

Consult with a dentist
Hello Yes u have to ,for permanent solution
Hi nothing to worry about What os your age If wisdom tooth is erupting and it doesn’t have space and stuck in the gums Food constantly goes sits in that area and create a space for infection That condition is called peritonitis Antibiotics and painkiller will give you a temporary solution Permanent option is to get out tooth from mouth (extraction )
Molar tooth extraction needed
Yes it’s advisable to get the third molar extracted
You can visit my clinic for third molar extraction
You can consult the doctor to ensure that the tooth will erupt or to do extraction, In case of tilted tooth it should be extracted
Till then you can do warm saline gargles and keep that area clean to avoid pericoronitis
Hello Yes you have to get that molar extracted
Hi, Take an X-ray OPG to know the position of the wisdom tooth. Share a picture of the x-ray to answer your query better.
Don’t worry first go to a dentist get X-ray done. Will know if the teeth will erupt or not. If it’s impacted u have to get it extracted.
Just do salt water gargle and visit ur dentist as soon as possible.