White patch on the gum

There is a white patch on the gum besides the wisdom tooth. It does not pain at all, but it is not healing. Also there is a patch on both sides of the inside of the cheeks has been there for a while. I smoke 3 at max per day. If you can please help me with this. I am a bit concerned. Internet details are very scary.

Archana Betur
Pediatric Dentist 3 yrs exp Bangalore
White patches can b coz of many reasons.. With the proper clinical picture would b able to say of wat variety it is n wat treatment u ll need... Do take a pic n upload.. Or visit ur nearby dentist... N definitely it can b coz of ur habit also... Think of quitting ur habit for ur own good...
Dr. Raja Sekhar
Dentist 23 yrs exp Hyderabad
90%Patches on both sides indicate cheek bite or some general condition, stop smoking, take good dite, use becomplex with antioxidants, just for confirmation vist ur nearby dentist, nothing to b worried
Dr. Anish Goyal
Dentist 6 yrs exp Gurgaon
Hi. . A white patch can be due to various reasons. On one side it can be due to a simple cheek bite which is not a cause of worry. On the other hand it can be a manifestation of some conditions caused by tobacco use. These are also manageable by quitting the use of tobacco and the necessary treatment. So, I would advice you to consult a dental surgeon for an evaluation and the necessary management. Take care.
Dr. Durga Kshitish Kothuru
Dental Surgeon 14 yrs exp Vijayawada
Its better if u post the photos of the patch, for giving any kind of opinion. Don't b too scared of the internet stuff. Its common in smokers. Get ur self an examination at a Dental Surgeon near u.
Hi there...the condition you are describing seems concern full, though these conditions are reversible if you will stop the bad habits, and start taking antioxidants through some medicine or via diet, will be helpful! For more specific treatment you have to see a nearby Doctor/Dentist!! Stay healthy!