Whey protein

I am 50 kgs and i reduced 16 kgs by doing gym and aerobics along with regular diet, in 1 year. now i have continued gym and now i am doing weight training. my trainer in gym has recommended to take whey protein supplement powder along with including protein in my diet. i am vegetarian. can you please guide me if i could take whey protein and is there any side effects of taking it on health in long term. i have a medical history of abortion 4 yrs back and from past 1 and half year, my periods have reduced from 4-5 days to 2-3 days. so i m concerned if taking these supplement would effect my health. any other recommendations as to food which are rich in protein that i can include. thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Whey protein

Ms. Rashmi Sharma Faridabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Whey protein are good but regular intalke of any health supplements may create any sign or symptoms. Dont regular with your supplements. Take proper balanced diet and supplements in a time interval