Weight reduction

Hi Doctor, my wife is having thyroid and because of that she is gaining weight day by day. After pregnancy she gained up atleast 10-12 kg's. She is trying very hard to reduce weight but because of thyroid it's not happening. Any advice or suggestions please in her weight loss? Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Weight reduction

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
She need to reduce 18 KGS weight loss after pregnancy is not difficult . I can help with 4-5 KGS weight loss in month. She needs good diet
Dr. Swarn Shikha Sharma Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
generally people think that thyroid is there one can not reduce weight. you can reduce weight, it just the effort need to be on right direction. you can start with Gilmore leaves powder early in the morning. very helpful to reduce TSH level. and than make a balance of kcal intake for the whole day. there should be a difference of intake and outtake. and the deficit should be compensate with fiber. she can also start with corriander,mint, jasmine leaves & black zeera powder in the morning or else during the day. ask her to take balance diet. half an hour physical activity in any form will be good. ( brisk walk/yoga/aerobics/ zumba etc)