Weight n height issue

I am 5ft. by my height and slim. Not that much heavy. If i check my weight it only comea between 40-42. Want to gain weight. I dont think i can gain my height but advise how can i get this. Atleast that much so i can go in public with a proud and can make a stand for me. Because of current weight n height no one looks at me in respectful way. People always try to overcome on me. Please advise

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight n height issue

Dr. Tejender Kaur Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi I can understand you I need to know your height Weight gain is a slow an steady process. Healthy muscle gain is what is required at your age. A balanced diet will promote muscle  and over all development. In case of non-vegetarians, there are lots of option to select from. For pure vegetarians there are many combinations of foods that promote muscle growth. I do not favour protein supplements unless you are a sports person. Pulses, Soya, cruciferous vegetables, dairy products and whole cereals promote muscle gain. Along side proper exercise and a healthy lifestyle aids in overall developmemt. For tailor made diet plan feel free to contact me or register at or drop in a mail at ghk.ritediet@gmail