Weight loss

I want to decrease my weight through food...which food is good for my age...what foods I need to avoid... What foods at three sessions...

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight loss

Dr. Jaya Dewani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello.....the foods best for your age are 1. Various cereals like rice, wheat, rahi, jowar, bajra, etc and in various forms. The rule with cereals is.....cereals are good source of good carbohydrates but whenever you take cereals you should take some protein rich source like dals, sambhar, dal products, pulse based curry, curds or buttermilk. Eggs or egg whites, fish or chicken. ......second rule with cereals is the amount of cereals taken should be proportional to your physical activity and avoid processed cereals instead prefer home made cereal preparation. 2. Protein rich foods as mentioned above 3. Vegetable curry or salads or in form of soup. Vegetables provide minimal calories but rich in vitamins, minerals and fibres. Helps to lower the glycaemic effect of cereals so good amount of vegetable made in less oil.4. Curds or buttermilk, should be taken..... Source of probiotics, helps to digest food 5. Oilseed chutney, provides essential fats, vitamins and minerals. So meal should all above following things. ......Foods to be avoided or taken in restricted amount are processed foods, sugary foods, fried foods and hotel food.