Weight loss / arthritis.

I have an rheumatoid arthritis. I am taking homeopathic treatment for the same. 4 yrs back my wt was 54kg after 2yrs 52kg & now it is 49.9kg. Weightloss is one of some symptoms of TB. I want to do the test for TB. Please suggest me which test I need to do for TB?
views-icons 40 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Weight loss / arthritis.

Saurabh Bhalla Delhi | Occupational Therapist
Appreciate your concern about weight loss but, there are many other causes of weight reduction other that TB, such as fever, fatigue etc.. also the weight loss is not that severe which can be coordinated with TB. you should check on your diet, and as the world says India is Diabetic capital of world , just get your Blood sugar tested. and consult your homeopath also, as it may be due to some combination of the homeopathic drug.
Focus on Diet. and Rule out all the possibilities before pin pointing any one condition. Still if you want to go with Test FOR TB . Mantoux test is the test advisable also X-ray Chest(if you have cough and feel that it could be LUNG TB.) even MRI also reveals TB (spine TB or POTT's Spine). Chose whatever suits you but, first rule out other possibilities such as improper diet, or stress, depression, increase in workload etc..
Consult a general physician if you by yourself are unable to rule out the causes. STAY HEALTHY.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Definitely investigating for weight loss is a good idea. But there are other causes of weight loss apart from TB. So don't just focus on test for TB. Consult a physician or general surgeon to find the cause.