Weight Gain

I had been diagnosed with colitis ulcer five years back. The ulcer is near to the rectum. Five years back my weight was 54 and now its 66. In middle I had to take medicines like Wysolone containing steroids. Which resulted in weight gain. Now the problem is in control but I am not being able to reduce my weight. I have tried taking fibrous food like oats but that again increases the frequency of going of stools. Which again aggravates the ulcer problem. And too much walking or exercise too causes pain at the end of rectum. Please suggest ways how i can reduce my weight.

Doctor Answers (1) on Weight Gain

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, make a list of foods those you can have without any problem , you have to manage with then only, have fruits and vegetables ,take meals frequently 4-5 times in small quantity rather than having large quantity at once . Be active in day time , don't nap at day time .don't skip meals , avoid oily foods .