Want to loose weight

My brother has 85 kg weight and he wants to loose weight, but his schedule is very tight so he is buisy from 6:00 - 20:30 as beacuse of college and travelling. So he is not able to exercise but he wants to, he drinks green tea daily in night before 1-2 hours before sleeping after dinner and sometimes eat oats in dinnner. I just want to know that as in a week, in our home rice are made atlaeast 4 times in dinner and not plain rice always pulao and also potatoes are made atleast five times per week, so what should he do, will it be good if he don't eat rice and less eat potatoes, and he is pure vegetarian and on average he eats fast food once a week, can you suggest me anything? As he don't have time to exercise and wants to change his body shape and loose weight with help of diet which he can afford and make and available easy, and should he just don't eat rice?

Doctor Answers (2) on Want to loose weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
He needs 15 KGS weight loss. U can't change dietary pattern.I can help with 4-5 KGS wiegjt loss in month.we need to plan diet in helarhy way.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. First thing is you need to have less of carbs and more of proteins...so best thing is have less qt of rice or reduce the no of chapathis you have and have more of dal or subzi...you need to replace your rice or chapathis with oats,ragi balls or Suji preparations... You can tk any one fruit like banana, orange or Apple or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon too...you need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... Have loads of water too...You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling,k swimming for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your liking....you can also include green tea...it will increase metabolism...consult a dietician for a specific diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... All the very best.... Thank you