Violent anger outbursts

Hi doc, I need to ask you if there is any medical treatment available for uncontrolled, violent and highly offensive anger outbursts in an otherwise social and polite person 33 years of age.
views-icons 58 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychotherapist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Fist of all a simple answer is yes. Emotional outburst, uncontrollable anger can be comprehensively evaluated and based on such evaluation a management strategy can be planned. Emotional outburst as described by you could be part of multiple psychological or psychiatric causes. You will require a comprehensive assessment by a psychiatrist to help you understand these and help you further. Depending on the assessment medical or/and psychological intervention will be given to you. Hope this helps you.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?