Unhealthy gums

Hello, I went for a consultation to a dentist since I have regular problem in my gums as its bleeding and teeth started becoming sensitive.. Doctor suggested me to undergo deep cleaning treatment.. I really want to do it but he says it would be around 15k for it.. I feel it's too expensive but still want to take that treatment.. I atleast need 6 months time to finish all my commitments and save money to take this as my insurance company won't cover dental treatments.. So please suggest me I could get this treatment for lesser cost and is it possible to take it after 6 months.. Really worried it would affect strength of my teeth if i wait for that longer

Doctor Answers (10) on Unhealthy gums

Dr. Parul Panchasara Pune | Dental Surgeon
Dentist might have suggested in simpler words to you as deep cleaning but what I am guessing is he suggested you a full mouth flap surgery where he will open the gums so he can see all of the infection on terth; guns and bone and so can clean it properly. Price varies depnding on who is doing it? A General dentist or a specialist? Anything between 12k/25k is possible. Get OPG done and post it so we can diagnose and guide you properly.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Going by the description of your problem that you have mentioned, you definitely require scaling and deep cleaning treatment..... also the cost quoted for the same seems to be a little high and you can always check with another dentist as a second opinion...... it will also be suggested to you that you do not delay this treatment for a very long time because gum disease is a progressive pathology and can cause irreversible damage in the next few months if the treatment is delayed..... Regards.....
Hi,if you have bleeding gums that means infection of gums has already started.but dignosis is of utmost importance so OPG is must for you.please get it done and it will not cost you much.afterthat meet your Dentist as amount of bone loss,and ligament widening can help in correct Dignosis.ifbone loss is not present then deep scaling is sufficient with regular hygiene maintainence otherwise there other good options are always there.
Dr. Sachin Srivastava Lucknow | Dental Surgeon
Hello friend,
    Its a comman PBL now a days.don't worry first go for simple oral prophylaxis (scaling), take medicine and mouth wash for at least 15 days.warm saline rinces 5-6 time per day.
     More more detail give me cll or wtaap me.I will feel happy to help you
dear practo user, delay may worsen the condition.my suggestion is to go for deep cleaning regularly until your financial status enables to go for treatment. Goodluck
Hi, Definitely you need scaling ( cleaning ) and the more you delay it, your condition will worsen. Regular cost usually vary between 1000-2000 INR. Meanwhile you can do massaging of your gums, you can use co-enzyme q-10 based gum gel like Co-Q gel or CNBC gum ointment. Even a home based preparation of turmeric (haldi) + Mustard oil (sarso ka tel ) with a pinch of salt is very effective for gum diseases.
Go for regular scaling and polishing it will cost around 1500 rs for that but before you go for scaling massage your gums with your finger for 5 minutes with ornigreat gel twice daily for 2 weeks I hope it will help you
Hi...i would like to suggest you to go with scaling and polishing as early as possible. ...follow proper and correct brushing techniques .this may help you and definitely the health of your gums ll improve. Gentle advice plz don't delay the treatment. ..cost ll be definitely less than what you hv mentioned ...regards Dr Vishal Mugal
If you wait longer there are chances that your condition will further worsen. Advisable is to talk to your dentist & see if he can help you out of this by providing some kind of Financial scheme by way of which you can get your treatment & he can get his worth. 
As of now this looks like the best possible option for you where in all your purposes are solved.
Hi... We need a x-ray called opg to see the condition of bone which supports the teeth.. if the bone condition is good no need for high end procedures like laser n flap surgery.. only 6 months once cleaning is enough. If possible post ur clinical picture and X-ray .