Under weight
Currently my age is 23 and my height is 180 cm (5.11 inch) and weight is 57 Kg. So my BMI is low. Once I consulted a nutritionist in a reputed Hospital and they simply asked me to use some Abbott Powder , which is of no use and that doctor is barely speaking English ! . Could you suggest me a better course of action. FYI : I am a software engineer and plays Shuttle regularly.

Take small and frequent meals at regular intervals of 2-3 hrs to increase your metabolism

Talk to experienced dietitian online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+172
Chat with a dietician
Hi.... Have six meals in a day – three big meals and three small. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner should be heavy and calorie-rich. A heavy dinner adds weight to your body as your metabolism is not as active when you sleep as compared to when you are awake...... Only calories won’t add to your body weight,include the right amount of proteins to your diet. Remember , if you want to put on weight and look fit, you need to build muscles not flab. Eat - Eggs, lean meat, fish, pulses, sprouts, and dairy products that rich sources of proteins. Fish such as tuna and mackerel are rich in oil and are one of the best ways to increase weight.....