Ulcer ( Alarming stage)

My husband is suffering from severe mouth ulcer and tooth ache problem. We have consulted dentist he had provided with some medication, but there is no effect on the ulcer. Even v Hv done xray as he had the habit of smoking, drinking this was very less compared to chewing tobacco related things. Wht can be done
views-icons 101 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Ulcer ( Alarming stage)

Dr. Rohan Virani Mumbai | Implantologist
Plz take appointment on www.trisadental.in Such cases can be cancerous and need immediate attention
Bcoz of tobacco chewing, a condition called Oral Submucous Fibrosis develops which is quite annoying for the pt. It may sometimes be associated with ulcers. Also if the present ulcer is a chronic one and not healing, then u need to go for a biopsy. A complete history and examination is required for proper diagnosis of this case. Motivate him to stop the habit of chewing tobacco related products
Dr. Maulik Jariwala Mumbai | Orthodontist
Wanted to know
1. Is the ulceration seen commenly or should I say very frequently.
2. The doctor must have provided with mouth ulcer gel.
3. If that is not working  u must start with another medicine which will help in reducing the ulceration.
4. The ulceration or may be a draining sinus must have developed due to the tooth ache. So let ur dentist knw abt the tooth ache as well.
If anything u can see the dentist