chest-icon

Tuberculosis

I was diagnosed with TB in March'15 and was put on ANT from April to December. But within 20 days the disease relapsed and I again started the treatment in Feb'16 from another doctor. This time I took streptomycin for 3 months till May. The infection oozed out from the node on the right side of my neck. My doctor says that he will now stop the treatment in Nov. But there are 4 small nodes left. He says that the infection is out and they are dry and hard now meaning there is nothing left inside them. These nodes have become smaller in size now and are softening somewhat. However, I am still worried about these nodes. Is it normal? Is there still any infection left in them? They are very small and not visible to the naked eye.

Doctor Answers (2) on Tuberculosis

Dr. Sukhant Bagdia Nagpur | Pulmonologist
Don't worry
watch the size of nodes, unlikely to recur if complete medicine taken
get check up every 3 months and a usg neck to know and monitor the size of nodes
Dr. Amruth Sindhu Bangalore | Pulmonologist
Hi. I understand your concerns. You will need to undergo a detailed examination and investigations. consult a pulmonologist for the same. If you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura. Details are given in practo. Hope your questions were answered. Thank s.