Diagnosed with TB
My friend is under medication and was diagnosed with TB on 17th feb.Please advise if we should consult another doctor to take second opinion,just to understand the severity of the situation. Please also advise any precaution related to diet.

Dr. Amruth Sindhu
Pulmonologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. I understand your concerns. If he is having pulmonary or tb of lungs then the diagnosis is made by examining the sputum. If he has not taken tb treatemnt before then he will need 6 months of tb treatment. He also needs to have high intake of protein in the form of egg or Jon veg along with a multivitamin. Hope your questions were answered. Thanks