Transparency in teeth
Dear doctor, I have noticed that my front 2 teeths have become a little transparent frm d bottom...Y is it happng?

Dr. Sanjay Shah
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 31 yrs exp Mumbai

U may be having a class 5 lesion on the lower part of ur incisors..  Plz send me the pic of the teeth to evaluate further...Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u.
Dr. N Srinivas
Dentist 16 yrs exp Hyderabad

Hello..transparancy of tooth can be due to deep bite where lower front tooth contact the back surface of your front tooth or any enamel defect.kindly visit nearby dentist to diagnose clinically and treat the cause.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Posting a picture of your teeth would have helped us better for understanding your query.... some amount of translucency in the incisal portion of the front teeth is normal and natural and rather adds to the aesthetics of the smile.... this can increase due to excessive attrition or erosion of the front teeth.... a proper clinical examination will be required to understand your problem better.... Regards.....
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..it can happen if you have deep bite. It is a sign of thinning of enamel. Visit dentist to know more. Regards
Dr. Kunjal Doshi
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 11 yrs exp Mumbai

I guess its incisal halo.. Its a natural phenomenon.. A photograph of your teeth would have helped here.. But If u are suddenly feeling a change please get a consultation done from your dentist.. He might be able to pinpoint if it's bite related or due to any decay or natural..
Dr. Anviti Puranik
Dentist 7 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello, It's completely normal it's called as enamel hypoplasia. It is a defect of the teeth in which the enamel(outer layer of tooth) is hard but thin and deficient in amount, caused by defective enamel formation with a deficiency of vitamin D in the body. Visit your dentist so that it can be checked clinically.