Tooth pain

My mother has an occasional pain in her upper last teeth of left side. Size of this teeth has decayed n reduced. Some green spot has too appeared on it. My mother didn't consult to any of dentist till now. She feel some pain in this teeth n take antibiotics or painkiller to take relief bt it doesn't give her permanent cure. please suggest.I m also sending the images of affected area. Plz doctors give us righteous advice Thanking you.
views-icons 47 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (6) on Tooth pain

Hi..she needs either root canal or extraction.

Regards

Looks like a second molar which is infected. It may need  a root canal and crown or if the tooth is very badly destroyed then extraction and replacing.
This is what I can gauge from the pictures you have sent and symptoms explained.
Please visit a dentist asap to prevent loss of that tooth if it's still salvageable.
Take care.
dear practo user as ur complain last tooth in upper left region,there is a difference in last teeth n third molar.if it is third molar n it is decayed n totally black its better to extract it n if it is 2nd molar n ur sayng last then its better to save it but for this u have to visit a dentist for the expert opinion.
take pain killer n antibiotics course for 3 days
please first tell your mother not to take medication on counter. its dangerous. will u take self medication for any other problem in the body, like for eye, ear, nose etc.. tooth is part of the body, and the toothache can be result of just caries or apical periodontitis, or apical abcess or anything else.. you must visit dentist first. let the dentist carryout the diagnostic procedures to find out the cause and initiate treatment.
visit near by dentist, undergo diagnostic steps including x ray
the last tooth is on the upper side or lower?
in any case she will have to visit a dentist & do proper consultation to know what exactly is wrong with the tooth.  the dentist might even take an xray to give  you the right diagnosis & treatment plan.
Hope this helps  and please don't antibiotics & painkillers like this.  it will cause more harm than benefits in the future.
Consultant endodontist for this tooth. It may go for root canal treatment. After the X-Ray doctor 'll give exact opinion.