Tooth ache

I have had sensitivity problems in the past, and I regularly use sensodyne toothpaste. But of late I am having pain toward the sides of my teeth even when I eat chocolates, the pain stays for 2-3 mins and then goes away. What is happening? And what's the treatment for this?

Doctor Answers (7) on Tooth ache

Hello..sensitivity may be due to cold or hot substances or blow of air but pain during chewing and for a little duration as you said may be due to decay of tooth which can be treated either by filling with cement or root canal treatment depending on the amount of decay which has occured.kindly visit nearby dentist to sort the problem.
Hello you probably would be having a cavity and the treatment whether just a filling or root canal treatment can be confirmed by looking at the xray..do not neglect visit a dentist..the earlier the treatment the better it is..
From state of sensitivity you have come to a state of pain this clearly suggests that tooth nerve is involved a root canal treatment may be required, do not neglect it further,visit a dentist.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
This does not seem to be a case of sensitivity..... most probably you have a cavity in your tooth which is the reason for the pain continuing for more than a few seconds..... try to avoid home remedies and self medications and visit your dentist soon before the problem aggravates further..... regards...
Hi..you have a cavity. You need root canal treatment. Regards
Dr. Sunny Soni Bangalore | Endodontist
Do you have any irregular surface on the side of your teeth?
Pain lingering for a few minutes and not responding to sensitising toothpastes, is an indication of the nerve getting damaged. You should consult your dentist asap and get it treated.