Thyphoid Vaccination
I had given my daughter Thyphoid vaccination when she was 2 years old. The doctor is now insisting that another thyphoid vaccination was due when she was 5 years old. Is that correct?

DR Rajeev Ranjan
General Physician 17 yrs exp Noida

Ya ur doctor is correct.according to new schedule typhoid vaccine is now given every 3 years.
Dr. Trupti Shetty
Pediatrician 10 yrs exp Pune

The effect of typhoid vaccine lasts only for 3years.  Hence another dose needs to be given at 5 & 8years. U can totally opt out of giving this vaccine, but then your child will not longer be protected against typhoid
Dr. Mangala Pawar
Pediatrician 21 yrs exp Gurgaon
There is also another typhoid vaccine available which has much longer protection . Called typhoid conjugate vaccine.  You can go for it If you do not want to repeat it every three years.