Tennis elbow

My wife is suffering with Tennis elbow problem on her left hand from long time. Doctor did 3 injunctions. Now he is suggesting for a surgery. Please suggest me what to do?

Pankaj Agrawal
Orthopedist of Superior Extremity 15 yrs exp Mumbai

Tennis elbow treatment requires good physio and some don't and some do's.if after proper therapy and injections if it has not been improved,surgery is only option.you will have very good result in good hands. Regards dr pankaj agrawal. Shoulder knee and joints reconstruction surgeon Ahmedabad.
Dr. Rajiv Mehta (PT)
Physiotherapist 18 yrs exp Delhi

Tennis elbow very rarely needs any surgery only if someone is professional sports person otherwise it can be managed therapeutically. Just u need to approach an experienced, qualified and registered sports physiotherapist for proper management. Know us at www.physiotherapistdelhi.in
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Hot fomentation. Gentle Stretching of Hand Muscles. Ball exercises. Wrist Exerciser.
Dr. Priyanka Bhati
Physiotherapist 16 yrs exp Kendari

Dear friend Did your wife ever taken laser therapy for the same. If not go for it as it gives best results combined with ultra sound message. Visit your physio and check it.
Dr. Tanuj Garg (PT)
Physiotherapist 8 yrs exp Noida
In tennis elbow there is no need of surgery as after surgery u again need to do physiotherapy so why not to do physiotherapy sessions prior with the help of good physiotherapist.. You need to wear a counter brace for support to avoid strain on the ecrb muscle...no need to take injections anymore... for further details you can consult me or u can share your reports with me. Precautions Avoid lifting weights Keep on doing icing or cold pack every 3 hrly Take care
Dr. Anantha Lakshmi
Cardiovascular And Pulmonary Physiotherapist 5 yrs exp Hyderabad
Tennis elbow is a very common problem in women. First need to take Rest. Then, apply ice pack for 10 to 15 mins in 4 to 5 sessions per day. Application of diclofenac gel useful. Use Tennis elbow brace while working. If there is any swelling elevate the hand by placing a pillow under elbow. Electrotherapy: ultrasound therapy - consult a physiotherapist Stretching and strengthening exercises of forearm muscles which include both wrist and forearm. Total hip replacement can be done at the age above 40. Because the implant life will be around 10 to 15years depends upon the quality of implant and physiotherapy through out the life. As your too young orthopaedic surgeon can suggest you hemi arthroplasty which is replacement of half of the hip joint by observing the damage. First you need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon, take an x-ray then you can know how much damage is there and can be advised for the further treatment. The best home treatment for pain relief by hot and cold fermentation alternately for 3 to 4 sessions in a day. Apply diclofenac pain relief gel and cover the area with a sterile cloth. Electrotherapy: ultrasound and IFT are more beneficial -  consult a physiotherapist and make it done. Later you need to strengthen your muscles around the hip joint. Note: taking pain killers orally is not good for liver and kidneys. I hope this may be useful for you. Thank you..
Dr. Saurabh Bhalla
Occupational Therapist 6 yrs exp Delhi
Before advising you on the surgical aspect. it is Better To know What exactly is causing the exaggeration of symptoms of tennis elbow. That depends on what does your wife does for living. please consider visiting an Occupational Therapist to help your wife treat and deal with the problem. Also Surgery in tennis ELBOW is rarely needed . and done usually in emergency cases.
Consider consulting an Occupational Therapist and avoid Surgery if possible (if your wife is a sportsperson ONLY THEN you should OPT for surgery as the game would be closer,
Take a second Opinion. STAY HEALTHY
Dr. Shipra Kumari (PT)
Physiotherapist 3 yrs exp Kolkata
Tennis Elbow can be treated by conservative methods, I would agree with Dr. Priyanka for suggesting Laser and UST. Plus to that you can also go with biomechanical taping, it is very effective in tennis Elbow I have used it successfully for my patients. Do visit a good physiotherapist.
Visit a physiotherapist
Dr. Kalpesh Shinde (PT)
Physiotherapist 3 yrs exp Pune
Don't take tension this is very common now days, it is happening due to poor strength of muscle & biomechanics of wrist & elbow joint is wrong. Consult to Physiotherapist, He/ She will guide u about biomechanics & ur treatment plan. If that physiotherapist practicing Mulligan mobilization. Then Mulligan mobilization treatment is very helpful for her. U'll get relief in 3 - 4 session.