Telogen Effluvium

I've already visited a dermatologist and she has confirmed that I'm suffering from Telogen Effluvium due to Dengue fever. I'm experiencing very scary, excess,massive, palm-full hair fall daily. I'm dying everyday internally. It seems like I'm going to loose all my hair soon. In only 15 days my hair became half of usual. I'm loosing my self confidence and feeling like hiding myself somewhere. What should I be suggested? Will it be better to use a wig and wait for something good ? Can I get my hair back? Is there any chance that I'll go bald ? this is a very depressing experience I'm going through. Need a suggestion. Thank you very much in advance

Doctor Answers (3) on Telogen Effluvium

Would highly recommend Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment  in conjunction with Oral Nutritional and Topical Application supplements to boost your hair with abundant active growth factors that shorten the Telogen (falling)Phase and fasten the onset of Anagen  (Active growth) phase.

Results with PRP in Telogen Effluvium are seen as soon as few days following the first session itself.

You hair will certainly revive back with time and proper intervention.Be Patient,Positive and Avoid Stress as it might aggravate the ongoing process.
See the Doctor and initiate the required treatment.
Focus on a good healthy diet to replenish your nutritional reserves.
Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
Your hair (after an acute illness) undergoes severe trauma where no nutrition is supplied to it. So , all your hair that is in the growth phase(anagen)gets 'thrown ' into the falling phase (Telogen). So for the hair to grow back (Anagen phase) it will take anywhere between 6 to 8 months. The maths is confusing so I will not confuse you further :) . All I will say is that don't worry . Continue the treatment with your current dermatologist and trust your dermatologist. Things should be fine. And so that you get a clearer picture and an idea on what I am talking about read this please : http://www.skinmatra.com/single-post/2016/11/10/Hair-Woes-10-Things-You-Should-Know-About-Hair
Do not self medicate and fall prey to those tv commercials and ads.
Dr. Sudha Shroff Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Hello...you need not worry so much about your hair loss,as its v common to loose hair after any illness that you suffered from.but tats not the end definitely you will get back your hair back for sure.have patience.i suggest you to consult dermatologist and get investigations related to hair loss and take prp treatment along with topical application and systemic medication treatment.prp is natural hair loss treatment where your own plasma is injected into your scalp.when taken regularly every month will help a lot for hairfall.
consult dermatologist for prp treatment