Telogen effluvium
Hi, I would request if somebody could let me know of natural way to treat Telogen effluvium. I have got it diagnosed by a doctor, he confirmed it is Telogen effluvium due to a sudden shock that I had months back and it's self curable within months. He denied any medicines. For the second opinion, I just wanted if someone can help me know if certain fruits/nuts will help me improve it faster. Many thanks in advance!!

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Greetings. Looking at it from the logical and scientific point of view - now telogen effluvium is loss of hair that's already "weaked at the root or practically dead". Therefore, nothing much can actually be done. However not to worry since a fresh hair will grow in it's place in months to come. On a regular basis, make sure you eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, fruits with vitamin c like oranges and sweet lime... This will in general build your body's capacity to deal with anti oxidant stress. Warm regards. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.