Teeth pain

Hey Doctor, I am having teeth pain from 5 days. I have changed my tooth cream from colgate to another one recently. Does that can be a possible reason?

Doctor Answers (3) on Teeth pain

Hi, Main reasons for toothache can be 1. Tooth decay 2. Tooth senstivity 3. Damaged tooth To find out reason, we need to do oral examination and X-ray. Please visit your dentist and consult regarding this. Meanwhile you can take analgesics for temporary relief from pain. Toothpaste can't be a reason for toothache. Hard toothbrush can be. If you using hard brush that may cause wear of enamel and senstivity in teeth. Use soft brush for cleaning teeth and massaging gums. Feel free to ask abt further queries.
Hi as u said u r having pain from past 5 days only and if u dont have any history of pain, it might not be because of changing your tooth cream..go for a general check up to a dentist near u. Best of luck hoping everythng gonna be fine for u
Hi, It is very unfortunate that you are having tooth pain currently. Considering your age, we should firstly make sure whether its tooth Pain or just sensitivity. Secondly, if it's sensitive, switch over to a desensitizing toothpaste and/ mouthrinse. If there is any tooth decay or attrition or erosion, consult your local dentist and get it restored. It's very rare that toothache starts on changing toothpaste. Hope this satisfactorily answers your query. Feel free to contact again in case of any doubt.