Teeth pain

At the corner of my mouth only one teeth is giving me pain..once while eating rice stone got crushed with that teeth.after that when ever taking any cold item mostly it gives me more pain..some time unable to tolerate. What should I do? Sleeping near AC or cooler is also giving me pain. Please suggest something .

Dr. Sanjay Nayak Sujir
Dentist 24 yrs exp Mangalore

This pain looks typical of pulp pain ..due to the stone crushing the tooth could have got fractured and every time u eat the fragments separate giving pain..cold food increases the pain..kindly visit your dentist who will examine and determine future course of action
Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..if enamel of the tooth is broken then inner pulp will get exposed leading to increased sensitivity or pain. Visit dentist as you might need a root canal treatment. In the meantime use any desensitizing paste. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hey there... U should visit a nearby dentist for a proper diagnosis so that treatment can be planned accordingly... Take care..!!
Dr. Ramya. M.R
Dentist 8 yrs exp Kolar
Rice Stone crushing might hv chipped off a part of ur tooth n even more would hv caused propogation of major n minor cracks on ur teeth which could n extended from ur enamel into ur dentin causing sensitivity towards coldbreeze too. Get examined by a dentist to assess the extent of damage n gt treated accordingly which may vary from a filling to a cap. Meanwhile apply a desensitizing toothpaste such as senquelF or sensodyne liberally onto that tooth deface n rince off after 5 mins. Repeat as many times reqd .regards
Dr. Priyanka Sehgal
Dentist 6 yrs exp Nagpur
Hiiii....the tooth fragment might have got fractured or it might have had cavity already. In both cases, the tooth becomes sensitive to cold food. It indiactes that the nerve of the tooth has been hurt and had become sensitive. Consult your dentist , u might need a root canal treatment to be done!! Take care
Dr. Shruti Shanbhag
Dentist 7 yrs exp Mumbai
From your description it appears that you're tooth is decayed. That is, it has a cavity. Possibly, a part of your tooth was weakened due to the decay and on biting something hard, it broke off. The pain on cold sensation is a typical sign of sensitivity. Visit your dentist who will check the tooth and maybe take an xray and then decide whether a simple filling is enough to fix the problem or a root canal will be necessary.