Swollen Gums.

My gums had swollen and its kind of paining.This is the second time i am goin through this along with traces of blood while brushing. My gums are itchy, reddish,swolen and painful.Is it getting worse?? How can i make it normal again? Please help me

Doctor Answers (7) on Swollen Gums.

Dr. Pinak J Kapadia Surat | Periodontist
It's called gingivitis. Your gums swell up due to tartar, and bleed while brushing. Do check the following:

1) Do they bleed spontaneously? Do you see some blood in your saliva when you wake up?

2) Is there any pain? Generally in gingivitis, there is no pain.

3) Do you have bad breath too?

4) Do the same parts of your mouth bleed or different ones?

There's only 1 treatment if it is gingivitis.

A thorough scaling by a dentist. Followed by regular flossing.

Do consult a dentist or a periodontist.

Respected mam, Doctors are right.one thing I want to say go for scaling,proper medicine( tab limce 500mg bd,gum paint thrice a day,mouth wash) and some other medicins. You will see the result with in 15 days.the most imp go to dentist for regular checkups.For furdur enquiries without any hesitation give me a cll.Hope I am able to solve your pbl
Hello the problem which you are facing is Gingivitis i.e gum infection caused by different reasons like drug induced, pregnancy, improper maintainance of oral hygiene etc..The gum infection is cured with Scaling & using mouthwash, gum paint. Please visit dentist to identify the exact cause so that the problem is solved.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
The symptoms described by you point towards gum infection caused by localised deposits on the teeth..... you will be requiring a session of teeth cleaning for resolution of this problem..... also your dentist will guide you about the proper brushing technique suitable for your case so that the effects of that tooth cleaning procedure can be maintained for a longer time.... Regards.....
As u describe it is gingivitis, but there are many causes of gingivitis,vitamin deficiency, drug induced,pregnancy ,infection poor hygeine or idiopathic.so consult it to dentist use hydrogen peroxide mouthwash,and gum astringent .
Dr. Keshav Sharma Bilaspur | Dental Surgeon
Dear you have to visit your near by dentist and checked up. U need to scaling and hydrogen peroxide gargles twicely a day. Tannic acid contained gum paint also used.
Hello. The description you have given suggests of a problem called Gingivitis. You can search this word and you will get good details. The best part is that it is completely treatable. You have to go to a nearby dentist and get your teeth cleaned, that's all. Hope it answered your question...