Swollen gums
My gums are swollen and whenever I brush or eat I get blood I think I have pyorrhea please tell me some home remedy also

Dr. Manak Gupta
Periodontist 11 yrs exp Delhi

Hi normally at your age it's because of the deposits hidden around teeth that cause inflammation and infection in your gums.a good scaling will help get immediate relief from the problem. Post that u need to be trained abt how to maintain oral hygiene. Visit a periodontist like me to get the best results. Don't use mouthwash or gum paints for too long as they have side effects. Visit a dentist instead.
Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, Bleeding Gums is an indication that you need to visit a dentist and get cleaning of your teeth done.Dont delay. Regards Dr Sumanmakam
Dr. Puja Bansal
Dentist 18 yrs exp Pune

hello, Swollen and bleeding gums could be because of deposits on your teeth or food lodged in your teeth. Visit a dentist get your scaling and polishing done, brush twice daily, maintain proper brushing technique, floss regularly and rinse after every meal.
Dr. V. Kavitha
Dentist 6 yrs exp Hyderabad

It's better to go for a treatment rather than having home remedies. Try to consult a dentist as soon as possible and get the oral prophylaxis(scaling and polishing) done to avoid further more complications. Bleeding happens because of food accumulation in the gums and in between the teeth where the gums get infected and become tender.
Luke warm water with salt gargle might help you temporarily.
Dr. Som Ranjan Pathak
Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon 7 yrs exp Patna

It is due to inflammation of the gums that your having this problem. Inflammation is due to the deposits on your teeth which needs to be cleaned. Please visit the dentist and get your scaling done thoroughly. Swelling of gums can also be due to various other reasons like intake of certain drugs...or any other medical condition.
Visit your dentist to know what the cause is...if it's due to the deposits on your teeth get the treatment done accordingly.
After the scaling... you need to maintain your oral hygiene which is very important. Brushing techniques & using suitable mouthwash(how it has to be used) will be explained by your dentist.
Dr. Bala Vignesh
Dentist 5 yrs exp Chennai
Hello sir You have to visit a dentist for scaling.. you might be having gingivitis problem.. Pls visit them and I'm sure they will give u instructions on oral hygiene maintenance...
Dr. Shruti Joshi
Dentist 17 yrs exp Thane
Hi,Bleeding from the gums is because of deposits on teeth called tartar which should be treated by getting a professional cleaning with the dentist every six monthly & brushing twice daily with a soft bristle toothbrush .Any home remedy will not help much.Use of mouthwash is also recommended.