Swollen gums

I have a wisdom tooth which has grown awkwardly. Recently, the gums around the tooth and the nearby teeth has swollen. There is a little nagging pain when I chew, or try to brush. Please suggest what to do
views-icons 227 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Swollen gums

Dr. Vishwas Bansal Haridwar | Orthodontist
If your wisdom tooth is in awkward position the best treatment options is to get it extracted after initial pain relief For initial relief do betadine gargle with 1:1 concentration of betadine and water. U can also aplply antibiotic gel like metrogyl dg gel on that area 3-4 times a day to get quick relief. Finally go for extraction of that tooth
It's known as pericoronitis , which is a common condition in which the gums get inflamed and trapped between the upper and lower wisdom teeth, so wen ever food gets lodged between the teeth and gums , pain aggravates . I would suggest you to do salt water gargle 3-4 times a day ,that should relief your pain , and get that excess tissue excised under antibiotics cover , and even after doing all this you get back the pain and gum swelling, extraction of the tooth is advised