Swelling in gums

I have swelling problem in gums from last one year. When i do toothbrush that time I feel more pain in my gums. Sometime blood come out from gums. It will repeat after one or two week. Pls give me your valuable suggestion.

Doctor Answers (4) on Swelling in gums

hi, first don't worry about that but you have to know that " mouth is index's of body" so bleeding and swelling in gum is not good for health. we should find the cause ,some of causes below
some systemic problem like vitamin deficiencies, anemic.
secondly totally related to dental like calculus, debris accumulation in gum area it create pocket ( gap between teeth) so,you will get bleeding, swelling in the gum. if it occur prolong, bone loss will be there.

Treatment: first visit dentist, give proper history about your body condition.
different types of periodontal treatment are there, dentist Will do ,according to your history and x-ray level
   finally my suggestions, visit dentist and take treatment- thank you ,take care of you.

swelling in the gums and your bleeding of gums may be due to the deposit of plaque and calculus, which has in worst cases leads to a periodontal disease leading to periodontal infection. in this case scaling will help and gums treatments. and gum paint to arrest your bleeding will help
Swelling in Gums can happen only if there is an advanced periodontal disease or may be also related to any infection associated with decayed tooth as well. An oral examinatoon and radiographic examination are required before the ideal treatment. Scaling alone may not help if there is advanced periodontitis and may require deeper cleaning called subgingival scaling and root planing or in cases may require advanced gum surgeries. Kindly meet a Periodontist as early as possible.
Dr. Suresh R Chennai | Dentist
The swelling in the gums can be caused by surface deposits on the tooth called calculus near the gums and also due to intake of certain medications. The swollen gums that bleed during brushing suggest the cause to be calculus. It can be managed by undergoing a procedure called as scaling/oral prophylaxis where the surface deposits are cleaned, allowing the gums to return to a healthy state. Visit your dentist for getting this treatment done.