Social anxiety ...

Hi..I consulted doctor but not finding solution... I'm getting fear or anxiety while I'm with others and thoughts will come like if any harmful thing happen! So I used to avoid but I cannot control...I lost myself please suggest

Doctor Answers (5) on Social anxiety ...

Probably u r suffering from some sort of depression along with anxiety. So its not good to prolong it. Do some behaviour therapy along with medicines for few months under the guidance of doctor. It wl help u. Best wishes.
Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
You have already noticed your fear or anxiety while interacting with people & also have been looking for a solution in so many ways. The best solution as already suggested would be to consult a professional & to work with him/her till you are relieved of the anxiety. If you aren't comfortable with the specialist you have consulted, you can always switch the doctor till you find a solution. Having said this there are few things which may help you handle the issue at hand further.

First thing would be to notice if the anxiety about the occurrence of a harmful thing is experienced in the company of every single person..? If not, you need to notice the relation of the person or people who's company arouses this fear..?? Are they the ones near to you or strangers..?? Is the person expected to be the cause of harm or the victim of harm along with you..?? Please note down all these aspects.

Second thing would be to recall if there are any incidents where your anxiety or fears turned out to be a reality. You need not go deeper into it however just acknowledge the number of times when it really happened.

Third thing would be to notice yourself when you are anxious for the way it has been affecting your body, thoughts & emotions. Please focus intently on the exact experiencing within yourself. Eventually you shall notice the anxiety to reduce in intensity. Once anxiety reduces, observe your thoughts thoroughly & remember them so that you may write them down & analyze them later.

Finally, you need to know that anxiety is a situation where you cannot label the way your body reacts to certain things leading to less understandable threats. For example think about an infant who would have touched fire once. His mind hasn't comprehended the danger clearly however his body has . If he goes near the fire again, his body would react in a certain repulsive way because it is aware of the harm however mind hasn't registered what would have happened completely hence cannot comprehend, analyze or understand the fear in proportion to extent of harm. Later kid himself would be confused about his extreme anxiety for fire. He shall come out of it once mind may take control in proportion of danger instead of body controlling the behaviour. Give your mind a chance to comprehend your anxiety appropriately.

Go ahead with your efforts & am sure you shall overcome it soon.

Good Luck..!!

Dr. Suleman Virani Nagpur | Psychiatrist
You plz elaborate your problem.... It could be anxiety. Get help from nearest psychiatrist/ psychologist.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello,
From the brief description provided by you here it can be gauged that you are suffering from significant anxiety symptoms. A comprehensive assessment is required to find the medical and psychological substrate for the same. The exact anxiety syndrome will also require to be assessed before intervention. Subsequent to a comprehensive assessment management is likely to be carried out. The treatment is best carried out with medication and psychological intervention in combination. Hope this helps you.
Please seek consultation with a psychiatrist near you for assessment and management.
Di not delay the consultation, as treatment delay can cause complications.
Need to consult a good psychiatrist. U have to take some medications along with cognitive behavioural therapy. It can be solved easily.