Smile imperfection

I went through orthodontics treatment for 2 years then was wearing removable apliance for 6 months.but now i feel my tooth going back to original position.doctor suggested to wear removable apliance for 3 months.then they will put fixed in the back side of tooth.and veeners cost 8000 for 1 theeth.please suggest

Doctor Answers (4) on Smile imperfection

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
The most important aspect of removable appliances is the dependence on patient compliance..... if they are not worn regularly or as per the instructions, then there is a high chance of relapse...... the appliance that you have been told to be fitted on the back side of the teeth is called as lingual bonded retainer and it does not depend on patient compliance..... veneers are a good option for smile designing but if the teeth are still showing movement, this is not the right time to go for veneers....
Regards.....
Hi..if there is relapse then you need veneers to close gaps. Talk to your Orthodontist he will help on this. Regards
Dr. Sanjay Shah Mumbai | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Smile designing is a good option.  I can better evaluate if I have ur pics.  Feel free to consult Laser Smile Care Centre. God bless u
Dr. Vijaya Kumar.R Hyderabad | Oral And MaxilloFacial Surgeon
Orthodontics is such a treatment that you have to wear the post treatment appliance for 6 months to 2 years to allow bone regeneration completes depending on the age, bone structure
This appliance stabilises the teeth in the new position so you should wear it till bone regeneration completes surrounding the teeth
After removing fixed appliance many ppl neglect to wear the removable appliance it should be wear 24 hrs and should remove only while eating and brushing
Once you neglect to wear the appliance properly the teeth starts to move to their original position
Once they r moved you have to go for fixed appliance again.