Orthodontics
I had my 4 premolars removed for orthodontic treatment,but now after braces are removed all my teeth from canines to back are slanted inward making my smile hollow and face sunken. I asked my doctor for it,but they said we're technically sound and know what we're doing.I really want to have a broader smile.could this be fixed with the help of retainer? I mean the angle of teeth's to be more outward?

Dr. Kunal R Shah
Orthodontist 10 yrs exp Nashik

Hi, Ideally during your treatment most of times the arch is expanded. But still i will advice you to visit a MDS Orthodontist for second opinion. Thank you- Dr kunal shah Anjana Multispeciality Dental Clinic Nashik
Dr. Ankit Jain
Dentist 4 yrs exp Delhi

Dear Practo User, You can visit a dentist nearby for a second opinion. A thorough assessment is required so that we can formulate a treatment plan for your needs. Regards Dr Ankit Jain Arham Dental Care Delhi
Dr. P Kunal
Dentist 9 yrs exp Bangalore
The teeth backwards to canine are basically meant for mastication/ chewing surface .Generally these teeth don't move buccolingually means in cheek side n tongue side . so d hollow appearance of smile must be due to extracted premolars. Moreover I think u have just a change of or smile profile rather than d hollow / sunken . u will find it quite normal .