Slip disc and excercise

Hi I have lumbar l4 l5 slip disc since two years, I have gain weight so planing to visit gym for exercise and body building, but scared to do it coz of back pain .I want to reduce belly and gain shoulder triceps shape...help me on same...

Dr. Priyanka Bhati
Physiotherapist 16 yrs exp Kendari

Hello dear Visit your physiotherapist before you start gym.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Extension exercises x 15 times x twice daily. Bhujang asana. Core strengthening exercises. Back stretching stretch. Do the cat/cow avoid bending in front. Postural correction- sit tall, walk tall. Apply hot fomentation.
Dr. Rajesh Pal (PT)
Physiotherapist 17 yrs exp Gurgaon

You must consult a good physiotherapist nearby before starting any exercises. Focus on building back and abdominal muscles that is  Core Muscles first. Swimming is better than gymming to start with.
Rupalini Sastry (P.T.)
Physiotherapist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Let's consider your ""slip disc "". Please go for a fresh evaluation. Find out has it progressed or is it the same. Hope you were advised physio and we're able to consult and efficient physio. If not go NOW get therapeutic exercise. Age is in your favour. Please make use of it. ""Going to the gym"" please understand this you going to gym and loosing weight have no connection with each other. Please focus on fitness . Being happy. Do take a relook at what you are eating and practice portion control. If you do choose to exercise please do so to be fit not to loose weight. Being happy is the best medicine.
Dr. Kishor Reddy-PT
Physiotherapist 12 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hi start working out in gym with proper training by a trainer who can help you out in taking care of ur back which wnt hurt ur back.