Sleeping Issues
Dear Sir, It had been now more than 2 weeks since I have slept at night. When I lay down my head to sleep, I get endless thoughts. Even I try my best to divert my mind but then another thought catches up. I have some anxiety issues also. But taking no medication for the same. I am not able to sleep even for an hour Please advise. Warm Regards, Amit Bhat

Well that is a common problem and having sleepless night are just the symptoms of pertaining mental health problems. What you are facing is called as Rumination that is a symptom of Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
Not taking treatment will just make it worse and won’t cure it
Its good to take treatment in early stages for a better prognosis
Needs detailed evaluation sir
Consult me on practo
Needs further detailed assessment for making proper diagnosis. Treatment will help u Consult me on practo
Hello Amit. Firstly a few things which might interfere with sleep are daytime naps. If u r taking any, I would advise to stop them. No coffee or tea after 5pm. Use bed only for sleeping and no other activities like working reading or using laptops or mobile phones. Try listeing to soothing relaxing music or some hypnosis tales while lying down for sleeping. There are many great videos available on YouTube for the same. Medication can be used as a last resort. What is the pattern of thoughts that u have while falling asleep is important to know. Also if all these don't work, there r relaxation exercises which you can learn but that will require some sessions for training.you. all the best.