Sleep disorder

I am unable to sleep for 6-8 hours. I usually go early to bed but can't sleep . I am not stressed nor do I have depression. In the course of seven days I have slept only for 21-24 hours, thats around 3 hours per day. Now it's affecting my concentration and efficiency in my studies. what is the way to normalize my sleep

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleep disorder

First you follow sleep hygiene that means regularly go to bed at a particular time and wake up fixed after7-8 hours. Make it routine even if your sleep comes late or even if you wake up early. Remain 7-8 hours in bed from a particular time to another. Do not sleep or remain in bed on other times of day even if you feel sleepy. Do not use sedative. Do walking1 hour per day. Use healthy food and lifestyle. Do not smoke or take alcohol. Assure that other do not cause noise during sleep time. Surrounding should be calm and quiet. Do not watch tv or take tea/ coffee before sleep. Light dinner and restricted water intake before sleep.