Shoulder Dislocation

I have had multiple instance of shoulder dislocation. Now afraid of raising my hand. what do i do to get back my normal life. how much will it cost?
views-icons 144 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (9) on Shoulder Dislocation

Pankaj Agrawal Ahmedabad | Orthopedic Surgeon
Dear.to get back to normal life you should get yourself assessed and investigated by shoulder specialist.as my colleagues HV said this is because of labrum injury. You should not neglect the dislocations.using joint is required for life and it can't be put to avoid certain things for life.you will become like normal.and people go to sports after the treatment. It is done by arthroscopic bankart or by laterjet procedures depending upon your bone damage in glenoid.best of luck... Wish you healthy joints.regards dr pankaj agrawal. Shoulder and knee specialist ahmedabad
Dr. Prakash B L Bangalore | Orthopedist
You require a procedure called Lataje procedure to get rid of the present problem.
Rupalini Sastry (P.T.) Bangalore | Physiotherapist
Hello,

Multiple dislocations are a cause for concern. Your fear is understandable.

You may need a integrated approach to resolve your issue and lead a fearless life.

Kindly go to a shoulder specialist ( Orthopaedic Surgeon) and Physiotherapist specialised in Shoulder Rehab.

Sometimes recurrent dislocations may require surgical intervention sometimes Rehab is the way forward. In either case you cannot reduce the role of proper Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation.

Cost will depend on where you get the treatment done.

Physiotherapists are not doctors and should not give opinion on health related issues..
People at practo should note this and take appropriate steps to stop such nonsense..
Dr. Rajat Jangir Jaipur | Orthopedist
Multiple shoulder dislocation is due to bankart lesions. You need to consult arthroscopy orthopedist. You need to get your MRI done. It can be done by key hole arthroscopic surgery. Approximately cost is around 90000 Rs. You need to undergo physiotherapy after surgery. After that you will be fine. I hope that is helpful. Queries are invited.
Dr. Rahul Rane Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Recurrent shoulder dislocation can't be neglected. It will cause you inner structural damage both soft tissue and bone. T his cascade will continue as dislocation and damage. You need to break this cascade by taking proper treatment.
There are many ways to treat this both by surgical aw well as non surgical. Before need to consult and investigation.
Dr. Mangesh Darekar Pune | Orthopedic Surgeon
Recurrent dislocations can lead to changes in and around the shoulder joint. The soft tissue labrum which is a primary constraint for shoulder stability gets torn. You should get it examined and do MRI and Xray of the shoulder for further evaluation.
Dr. Rajnish Sethi Delhi | Joint Replacement Surgeon
Multiple times dislocations r not good for you. Most of the time it requires surgical intervention. Consultant orthopaedic surgeon
Dr Rajnish Sethi
Orthopaedic surgeon
Dr. Deepak Dhole Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Dont worry avoid all the positions which prone to dislocation....of u r shoulder... ....always keep ur hand near body ... shoulder adducted.........avoid abduction external rotation of u r shoulder......dont play badminton.....tennnis.........hitting to someone.......with distance.......at the same time.....strengthen u r shouldr muscles........for whole life....