Sharp upper back pain

Hello , I am an it engineer . from past 3-4 months i am experiencing sharp burning sensation in right upper back. I think it started due to texting and working on desktop. Pain comes after i sit on my desktop for sometime and becomes more achy during evening. It is in between shoulder and upper back . If i don't use any gadget and rest for weekend it gets better. Is it a serious problem.?? I have reduced my phone usage . Will it go away with regular exercises. Now it hurts when i ride my bike as well. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (5) on Sharp upper back pain

Saurabh Bhalla Delhi | Occupational Therapist
Yes, the problem is very serious as it is related to your work, as truly said that should go away with regular exercise but that will only be a solution to half of your problem. the complete problem will go once you STOP DOING WORK (THAT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE AND INSANE). SO , to make it more of practical I add , STOP DOING THE WORK THAT YOU ARE DOING LIKE NOW. that is you need to learn proper posture for doing your work and how to manage your day long work so that you can be healthy. A bit of posture management, a bit of work-space management mixed with working routine and slowly mixing basic exercises (if not hitting a gym) and that's the recipe to be a healthy you.
Consult Occupational Therapist (tele-rehabilitation) or IN-person what suits you. and put up your concerns.
TAKE MICROBREAKS (i.e break after 40 minutes, stretch yourself and ease out for 10-15 minutes, and come back to work), a bit of good ergonomic posture would be best , if the same is the problem with majority of your colleagues , Contact your senior official , we would be happy to do an ergo evaluation of your company and recommend changes, that definitely will increase Productivity. CONTACT OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (OT) as soon as possible.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Do the cat/cow stretch. Get on all fours, with your arms straight and your hands directly under your shoulders; your knees hip-width apart.
Dr. Priyanka Bhati Faridabad | Physiotherapist
Hello friend
Your upper back pain is directly related to your long sitting.
Do upper back strengthening exercises,you ll definitely feel better.
Dr. Sachin Singh Ghaziabad | Orthopedist
good evening ,your problem is ergonomical due to bad posture and life style which can be corrected with some life style changes
visit some physiotherapist to learn the exersises for your back and neck
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... That means you acquire improper posture while working...so just practice to sit straight with with erect spine... Do yoga, exercises which eases your back pain... Take rest... If pain is persistent you can take one or two painkillers... Consult orthopedic surgeon if it becomes severe....