Sexual OCD

I am studying MBBS. I am under escitalopram and mirtazipine for the past 6 months because I am under huge anxiety during exams and I have avoidance behavior where I just stop studying if I am depressed regarding exams because I have lot of backlogs. The real problem is Im not able to concentrate in daily life because of OCD. I have had OCD of different kinds right from childhood where I thought I was an adopted child and I would fret when I think about it. Because i was small i dint tell my parents and it gradually weakened. During early college days i had this obsessive thoughts that i may be homosexual when i find someone good looking. It would stress me a lot and i would find solace in porn again by watching beautiful women.To be very honest i do not like to have sexual relations with a man. Now suddenly for the past few days i have been getting pedophile OCD. When i was in my pediatric posting i saw this cute 12 yr old girl which sparked obsessive thoughts like do i like that gal

Doctor Answers (2) on Sexual OCD

Dr. Vikas Khanna Delhi | Hypnotherapist
Sexual O.C.D is a direct offshoot of cultural moral conditioning. The do's and the dont's . The suppression of sexual thoughts by another set of thoughts which says "that this is what you should think" "divert it, think something else". Have you realized that there is a war waging inside....between what is and what should be. If you let any kind of thoughts come(immoral) and be o.k with it , you will get surprisingly looser from the clutches of o.c.d. This fear of wrong and the concept of right has caused the problem , you are currently in. Can you let go of this??
Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, the symptoms that you have mentioned seem to suggest Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). As I understand you have been prescribed Escitalopram and Mirtazapine by a psychiatrist. My sincere advice for you is to seek a consultation with your treating psychiatrist and discuss other options of treatment with him, including behavioral therapy. Hope this helps you..