Escitalopram
I have been taking escitalopram from last 20 days I have gained 8kgs Can someone explain how escitalopram can cause weight gain?

Hi..it is unlikely that Escitalopram will cause this much weight gain in just 20 days. There may be some other underlying health issues going on. Visit a Medicine specialist and follow their advice.
It’s unlikely that a drug can directly cause drastic weight gain, that too 8kgs in 20 days. It increases hunger and that in turn leads to more calorie intake. You can consume stuff that has less calorific value such as oats, proteins, fruits and vegetables to avoid weight gain.
Heyy I can help you better with further treatment course needed. U can connect me via whatsapp on seven zero eight two zero two two zero six two.
It is highly unlikely that just 2-3 weeks use of Escitalopram would have caused weight gain / increased appetite Incase you feel you swelling ( edema ) over your body especially feet / ankle / facial puffiness that could be causing apparent wt gain
Do review back with your treating psychiatrist at the earliest to understand the underlying issue / investigations
It can cure depression and increase your appetite
It usually doesn't cause this much weight gain. Seems some other reason