Root canal treatment

HI, I recently had a root canal treatment. After capping i am not feeling comfortable. It is like when i am closing the mouth the crown is hitting the lower teeth and rest teeth are not getting closed properly. Also while chewing i am having mild pain in the tooth next to the treated one. What should i do ? Is this normal ? Just 24 hours of capping now ? Thanks

Dr. Saifuddin Dhoondia
Periodontist 9 yrs exp Aurangabad

Yes, get the high point on the crown corrected. Rest teeth should close properly once it is corrected.
Dr. Deepika Vadhar
Dentist 21 yrs exp Mumbai

yes it needs some correction.  please visit you dentist & it will be done. the cap is little higher than your normal bite which in our parlance is called a "high point". Most of your problem will b solved by minor adjustment
Dr. Babita Sangwan
Dental Surgeon 13 yrs exp Gurgaon

It seems that the positioning of the Crown cap is not correct.  I would advice you to consult your dentist again and discuss that same with him. It must be adjusted properly for proper closing of mouth.  If not done it might cause lead to some other problem. My advice is to get it checked ASAP.
Dr. Krishnan Hari
Endodontist 10 yrs exp Chennai
It seems there is an interference when you bite due to incomplete seating of your crown. You will have to check this before the pain aggregates . Traumatic bite can give you discomfort.
Dr. Prerna Panthri
Dentist 5 yrs exp Delhi
Hello sir, the moment the cap/crown was placed on your tooth, were your rest of the teeth closing then ? If the difficulty in closing mouth is since then, the possibility is that there may be some problem with the crown fit. And if closing rest of the teeth was not a problem then, I would advise you to report back to the dentist and get an xray done to review the status of root canal treated teeth on which the crown was placed.