Root canal problem
I had root canal done in one my tooth 7 years back.Some days back,the crown went off.I consulted the dentist(different from the one who had done the root canal) and he gave me a price of 12000 for redoing the procedure as redoing costs more as the tools and special and cannot be used for some other patient.I want to know how true is this.

Dr. Durga Kshitish Kothuru
Periodontist 15 yrs exp Vijayawada

The cost of treatment depends on the expertise, confidence and the quality of the particular Dr. Its true that many Dentists are using the RCT instruments only once. So if u r confident of ur Dr, go ahead.
Dr. Gaurav Bhardwaj
Dental Surgeon 5 yrs exp Delhi

Yes, it is true, retreatment of root canal cost more and the instrument used for it can b used once, cause during the procedure, instruments losses their original form and there are chance of breakage of instrument if used another time, that is why, now a days most of the dentist make use of dental files only once.
Hello, the tools used in re root canal treatments are single use. A re root canal procedure is a much more complicated procedure and hence mostly done by experts only. The doctor's knowledge and expertise also are very important in this case. Please do not only think payment is for the tools, a doctor spends multiple years to master this expertise. I hope it all works out in your favor.