Root canal pain after two days
I had my root canal twi days before and from yesterday night i havr pain in my gums...is it something worrying.

Dear practo user Can wait and watch for few days, if pain take analgesic.
do massage over gums in that area with metrogyl DG gel.

Talk to experienced dentist online and get your health questions answered in just 5 minutes.

+159
Chat with a dentist
Is your root canal complete or still in process? If it's complete you would feel slight sensitivity on that tooth for a week. If your treatment is still in process your pain would subside gradually after each rct appointment. If you are on medication complete that course. Avoid chewing from that side unless your caps are placed and keep that area clean.
Hello Ma'am ,Welcome to Practo - As you went for a root canal , its a procedure to clean your decayed nerves . Nerves  that sense the pain .  So we take few sittings to clean them out completely. So firstly ,let me know Wether the root canal completed  and pain is accompanied later. In that case its a problem and may need a repetition. If ,you are under root canal sittings , in that case some nerve remnants are still present that would be cleaned upon your next dressing. So these are two senarios  that might be the case . Let me know if any further query am here to help , just post to me and I will assist and walk you through the management.
Tab Zerodol SP  Sos.
Hello dear... Generally pain nahi hota if root can started... Is there pain in teeth and gums both,...any swelling assosiated...?? Also share the drugs you are taking...so we can change them if needed...find some time and text so we can discuss it in detail...
You must on medication by now ,finish the course and wait for couple of days ,if pain still not subside visit your dentist For detail conversation contact me on personal chat
its a common problem after the first or 2nd sitting so just wait and watch or either take pain killers recommended by the concerned dentist.
just take Zerodol-P in case of severe pain for the time being.
Its usual to have pain after rootcanal for a week . If you are under medication generally you wont feel any pain. Wait for a week if pain doesn't subside visit your dentist
dont chew anything on the root canal treated  side until you go for capping procedure.
its always helpful if you share pictures of the tooth and x rays of root canal treated tooth