Regarding a medicine

I am always sleepy and inactive in day time even after sleeping whole night. I am taking paroxetine hydrochloride cr 25 in morning and amisulpride 200+mirtazapine 15+lorazepam 1 in night. I am taking modafinil 100 mg in morning from yesterday and the problem is solved. Sir is it safe to take modafinil with my other prescribed medicines?is it compatible with the other medicines I take or can it react?my appointment with my doctor is in Feb 2017 but I have to prepare for an exam so till then can I take modafinil.kindly help me sir.
views-icons 83 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Regarding a medicine

Dr. Antara Gupta
12 yrs. of exp | Aligarh | Neuropsychiatrist

INR 300 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Paroxetine is quite sedative. Why are u taking it on morning!! Also lorazepam may be reduced or stopped if paroxtn is taken at bedtime.  According to me it should be Mirtaz after dinner and paroxetine and amisulp at bedtime.. lorazepam only if needed.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, if your appointment with your doctor is in Feb 2017, kindly reschedule your appointment to an early date.. You would require a review and some changes in medication.. Hope this helps you..
Priyadarshi Srivastava
5 yrs. of exp | Lucknow | Psychiatrist
Modafinil is totally safe. You can take it for months.