Quadriceps Muscle Pull

Whenever I play football , my quadriceps muscle starts paining a lot as if it's pulled . When I play other sports or run, this doesn't happen . Then I rest and put uce packs for around 2 weeks and it seems fine. But then again when I play same problem occurs.

Doctor Answers (4) on Quadriceps Muscle Pull

Dr. Shekhar Chandrakant Jambure Navi Mumbai | Cardiovascular And Pulmonary Physiotherapist
your condition and symptoms warrant the further evaluation. it seems like the muscle injury which can be of cumulative nature and before it heals completely you seem to have put stress on it again and the muscle got injured again. what you are doing is abosultely right.. continue to ice the muscle thoroughly and give it ample rest.
please see the nearest Physiotehrapist or orthopedic surgeon and get the condition diagnosed first. only then the proper treatment channel can be decided.MRI may be needed but do it only after in person consultation with physio or ortho.
continue icing, do not heat the part or hot fomentation
Dr. Raviraj Francis Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hello there.... well you are a young lad playing a stamina oriented semi contact sport....dont worry quadracep,hamstring and calf muscle pain is common in the game of football...the basic mantra you need to remember before starting any game is proper stretching of the muscle to get optimal elongation of the muscle fibres during the sport for the warmup is absolutely necessary...also your electrolyte levels should be good....sometimes dehydration may lead to cramps in the muscle... however you need to get yourself evaluated once from a experienced musculoskeletal physio so as to rule out any pathology from your quadraceps muscle.

Regards & take care.

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Dr. Uday Bapusaheb Pote Pune | Orthopedic Surgeon
Tou are 16yrs old. May be some physeal overgrowth or strain and quads muscle dysfunction. Meet an ortho doc and evaluate that. Its very much treatable. Will need proper diagnosis then guided treatment.