Psychiatric

My father is suffering from acute depression. He is becoming very weak mentally. Always seeking financial help whereas he is not facing any financial crisis. He worries about some kind of conspiracy going on behind him whereas no grounds reality. He feels insecure for his children and family. He takes some 5 people name everytime, he talks about them and talk randomly. He wants to make everyone understand of his thought and ideas about people. He tried doing suicide two year ago as well. I have taken him to many psychiatrist and neuro psychiatrist but I have never found any improvement in his mental health. I want him to be cured. Please suggest me what to do in this case.

Doctor Answers (2) on Psychiatric

Dear friend, its very difficult to comment, but check for dementia once. This type of behavior is common along wd depresssion. Proper diagnosis is important to treat. I think go for a proper assesment once. Best wishes.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help preven,t a relapse of symptoms.