Protruding belly

Hi docs, I have observed that my belly has protruded a little unusually over the last 2 weeks or so. Earlier I didnt pay much attention, but today I feel that my stomach is a bit tight, at the same time it is protruded (if I completely release it freely, it looks like that of a pregnant women). After moving to a new city I have been eating from restaurants and mostly non veg food. Also, I had previously (since the last 1 month) experienced twitches/spasm in my chest center, just below center. I was advised that I should eat more vegetables etc. I quit outside food and have been eating home made veg food for the last 10 days and the twitching problem has gone. But the belly is still there. I dont understand why is it so. There is no pain or anything else but I can feel my unusual stomach. I am otherwise a fit guy and I used to go to gym , which I quit in mid may. During that time I had no twitching, belly problems at all. Can u experienced people please give some advice. Thanks !!

Doctor Answers (2) on Protruding belly

Ms. Rashmi Sharma Faridabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
your sitting job for long hours is the reason. Increase your liquid intake like cococnut water, lemonade, buttermilk with fruits and most important thing do walk after every meal. Dont make habit of eating and sitting for long hours.
Ms. Sadia Sana Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Gaining belly fat is very easy but loosing it defies in art. There was a usual gain as you were eating outside stuff and also effect of not doing gym. If you were regular gym goer and now you have stopped completely, it is showing effect. As you mentioned you are maintaining your diet to extent, so now what you can do is try some belly exercises but with expert advice. Don't try your own exercise remedies or YouTube stuff. Much attention shall also be given on diet. For a perfect diet and exercise counselling, consult a dietitian. Any other queries or want to have an appointment, can message me personally.