Proper Diet

I have undergone surgery for my back pain. It's been two weeks now. There was no restrictions on the diet but there are lots of restrictions on the physical activities. I can only do is brisk walk. Please suggest me proper diet so that my weight shouldn't increase. I have noticed that in this two weeks I have gained few kilos. Don't want to gain any more weight. Any diets or suggestions. Thanks in Advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Proper Diet

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi u need to reduce ad keep watch on your weight because physical activity is restricted fine but through diet u can at least not allow to increase more.I can help u to learn how to control in weight
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello well I understand your apprehensions but right now eating food well is important for your recovery from the operation ... I suggest you to have more of proteins as it is good for recovery as well as it will prevent in gaining excessive weight... avoid having more of carbohydrates like rice,sugars etc....avoid junk food also....thank you