Post root cannal
Initially I had my upper right tooth filled for cavity. But after a month pain continued. So they went for root cannal. Permanent crown is placed. After a week of RCT. I feel the pain when I chew with that teeth. However it is no longer sensitive to temperature. Is this normal?

Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla
Oral Pathologist 11 yrs exp Faridabad

Although very rarely pain can continue for up to 7 to 10 days after the root canal treatment, but that delays the Crown placement as well.... if the Crown was placed when no pain was there, the pain should not reoccur..... the best answer for this doubt will be by looking at the X-ray of the RCT treated tooth..... please post the same if you have one..... Regards.....
Dr. Hiren Patel
Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist 5 yrs exp Bangalore

Pain should not be there after root canal treatment.. We need an xray of rct treated teeth for exact diagnosis and treatment plan... You can send an xray if you have...
Dr. Shabbir Ulla Khan
Dentist 5 yrs exp Bangalore
Pain may be due to high points in the cap or incomplete treatment or gum inflammation wait for a weak and if pain continued visit the dentist.. Regards
Dr. Savita Pandey
Dentist 8 yrs exp Lucknow
Some time there are high point on newly placed crown,that requires occlusal reduction.another possibility of missing canal during rct .go dentist to find out actual problem
Dr. Mona Mittal
Dentist 11 yrs exp Faridabad
The pain might not be because of the root canal treatment rather because of crown.there might be a high point in the cap which needs adjustment.it can only be done when u visit your dentist
Dr. Aarthi Shankar
Dentist 11 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello ,          Pain for a day or two after Rct is considered ok.But pain even after a week is not a good sign .Generally pain which u had earlier should wear off.As told by other doctors ,an xray will best determine the cause of pain.Pls visit your dentist and share your concerns with him.Simple xray will give you your answer.All the best.