Post root cannal

Initially I had my upper right tooth filled for cavity. But after a month pain continued. So they went for root cannal. Permanent crown is placed. After a week of RCT. I feel the pain when I chew with that teeth. However it is no longer sensitive to temperature. Is this normal?

Doctor Answers (6) on Post root cannal

Pain may be due to high points in the cap or incomplete treatment or gum inflammation wait for a weak and if pain continued visit the dentist.. Regards
Some time there are high point on newly placed crown,that requires occlusal reduction.another possibility of missing canal during rct .go dentist to find out actual problem
The pain might not be because of the root canal treatment rather because of crown.there might be a high point in the cap which needs adjustment.it can only be done when u visit your dentist
Hello ,
         Pain for a day or two after Rct is considered ok.But pain even after a week is not a good sign .Generally pain which u had earlier should wear off.As told by other doctors ,an xray will best determine the cause of pain.Pls visit your dentist and share your concerns with him.Simple xray will give you your answer.All the best.
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Although very rarely pain can continue for up to 7 to 10 days after the root canal treatment, but that delays the Crown placement as well.... if the Crown was placed when no pain was there, the pain should not reoccur..... the best answer for this doubt will be by looking at the X-ray of the RCT treated tooth..... please post the same if you have one.....
Regards.....
Dr. Hiren Patel Bangalore | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Pain should not be there after root canal treatment..
We need an xray of rct treated teeth for exact diagnosis and treatment plan...
You can send an xray if you have...