Post Root canal care

Hi I had a root canal done and I have been prescribed zomocin Oz. I don't have very good feeling whenever I am on antibiotics. I was trying to avoid them if I can. My question would be is it necessary or advisable to take antibiotic course after RCT? Any risks if I don't take antibiotics. Thanks.

Doctor Answers (8) on Post Root canal care

Normally after root canal is finished antibiotics are not prescribed. if your teeth is symptomless and you are able to eat from that tooth, you need not to worry at all. Just a advice that get a crown over that rct treated tooth. Regards, Dr Vishal Jain. Faridabad. www.faridabaddentist.com
Dr. Selvanathan S Coimbatore | Dental Surgeon
Absolutely there is no risks on skipping the antibiotics. In fact I only prescribe antibiotics only on real need or on  certain conditions pnlpnly
Hi..yes it is recommended to take antibiotics for a successful root canal treatment. Regards
Dr. Kshitiz Rohilla Faridabad | Oral Pathologist
Antibiotics are recommended during treatments like RCT to control the localised infection, if it cannot be drained completely through the procedure itself..... your dentist would always be the best judge to start and stop your medications..... although if you are symptom free after the treatment has been completed, there is no specific requirement of antibiotics but still I would recommend that you stop the medications only after having a word with your operating dentist.... Regards....
Hi..antibiotics are given to kill the microbes which cause decay and infection so that no risk of further infection.I suggest that if you already started the course of antibiotics finish it off.
If you started the course of antibiotics you have to complete it.After that if no infection donot continue.
Dr. Mukesh K Asrani Ahmedabad | Oral Medicine and Radiology
Hi, if there is no swelling or pus discharge, there is no need of antibiotics. Just take a painkiller as required. Regards
Antibiotics are required if their is some infection / pus present.
An xray would be required to comfirm the need of antibiotics